Rain gutters should be cleaned at least twice every year. However, there comes a time when it’s necessary to consider new rain gutter installation.
How can you tell when that time is upon you?
According to Angie’s List, there are three signs that homeowners should look out for.
1. Gutters are Sagging or Pulling.
Under normal circumstances, rain gutters should never have that appearance. If you notice that your rain gutters seem to be sagging or pulling away from your home, it may be an indication of full gutters. The most common cause is improper drainage or debris that’s clogging the gutters. However, sagging could mean that your gutters may not be the proper type for your home. A professional gutter replacement company can tell you if your gutters are in need of replacement.
2. Orange Flecks or Peeling Paint.
The paint on rain gutters is made to withstand seasonal wear and tear throughout the years. Unless you have rain gutters that are exceptionally old, Peeling paint or orange flecks of rust are signs that water is continually present. That could be because water isn’t being properly removed by the gutters. Other damage such as cracks may also be present. The best way to establish the cause of the problem is to contact professional gutter cleaners or professional gutter installation services. It might be time to consider replacement.
3. Any Type of Cracks or Splitting.
Even though the appearance of small cracks in rain gutters doesn’t sound like a serious issue, these small cracks can rapidly become much larger. If the situation is left unresolved, damage to the boards behind your rain gutters, to the roof shingles over your gutters, and the foundation beneath your gutters can occur. A gutter cleaning service provider can assess any damage and determine whether gutter replacement is necessary.
Regular cleaning and maintenance of your rain gutters will prolong their life span and help to prevent costly damage. However, telltale signs of sagging, peeling paint, or cracking can be a warning that it’s time to consider replacing your rain gutters. A gutter installing company can advise you regarding the best course of action to take.
If you want to protect the longevity and integrity of your home, you should focus on improving your external features just as much as your internal components. One of your first steps might be to replace or repair your worn-out gutters.
Gutters typically need replacing or repair when they start to pull away from a house or bow under pressure. If no one tends to them, they can cause home damage and even lead to flooding in the basement. After all, clogged gutters are the number one reason that a basement experiences water and moisture issues.
Seamless gutters are a great option for the savvy homeowner. But what are seamless gutters and what makes them a better choice than regular gutters?
What are seamless gutters?
Seamless gutters are different from regular gutters because they don’t allow any avenues for leakage. “Seamless” refers to a lack of the seams that hold a traditional gutter together. Instead of a few pieces of metal fused together via nails and epoxy, seamless gutters are made with a singular tube of metal that redirects water away from your home. A seamless gutter only has breaks in it where the corners of the house meet. Oftentimes, installers even cut seamless gutters on-site to assure the best fit for your home.
What makes them great?
Seamless gutter installation is great for a variety of reasons. This helpful home feature looks great on your home, thereby enhancing its curb appeal. But the primary function of a gutter replacement cannot be overstated: seamless gutters ensure that every drop of water is redirected from your house with ease.
One of the best parts of seamless gutter replacement is that your gutters won’t shift and break because of sudden cold spells. The expansion and contraction of metal can put additional strain on traditional gutters. Instead of dealing with cracking gutters that can promote bacterial growth, opt for seamless gutters with a custom leaf guard installation to keep your home — and your family — safe from flooding and harmful biological accumulation.
Replacing gutters costs less than you think and you’ll save more in the long run when you get a quality product. Rely on local gutter installers, like Gutter Maid, for the best gutter cleaning services and gutter installation around.
You have already read about the importance of gutter replacement and hiring professional gutter cleaners at least two or three times a year in order to keep your home durable and strong for many years, but now it’s time to dive even deeper. Hopefully, this guide will help you identify the mistakes you’re already making when it comes to your gutters, your roof, your siding, and your entire home’s structure.
From not working with gutter installation services to ignoring approaching rainstorms, here are some common gutter-related mistakes that you should avoid at all costs:
- Incorrect gutter installation — Whether you’re cleaning your gutters sufficiently or not, if they weren’t installed properly, you’re going to have a lot of damaging and costly problems on your hand. That’s why it’s best to work with gutter installation services when you’re home is being constructed or whenever you’re replacing old or damaged gutters.
- Not checking your gutters after a rainfall — Even the slightest summer rainfall can significantly damage your gutters if they are old or installed incorrectly. In fact, an inch of summer rainfall can pour nearly 1,500 gallons of water onto your roof and your gutters. After each summer rainfall, it’s recommended to get on your roof and inspect every inch of your home’s gutters.
- Neglecting weather alerts — If you live in an area of the country that frequently has major storms, you need to have weather alerts on your phone at all times. If your gutters aren’t ready for a lot of rain and a storm is on its way, they could break in half and cause all sorts of problems and damage. If it’s been a few months since your last gutter cleaning and a major storm is approaching, it’s best to contact professional gutter cleaning services to ensure that your gutters are prepared for the upcoming storm.
From proper installation to replacement and thorough cleaning, don’t neglect your gutters at any point. If you want to learn more about taking better care of your gutters or work with professional gutter installation services, give Gutter Maid a call right away.
When it comes to property ownership, there are hundreds of things that homeowners need to take care of, including the gutters.
Gutter cleaning should be done at least two or three times a year, but it’s going to take a little more than you simply placing a ladder at the base of your home, climbing up with a bucket, and grabbing handfuls of leaves and debris. You need to consult with professional gutter cleaners. Hiring a professional gutter cleaning company is a great way to ensure that your gutters are clean and your home is protected.
In addition to hiring a professional gutter cleaning company for thorough cleanings a few times a year, there are some other aspects of gutter care that you need to be aware of. Here are some tips for ensuring that your gutters and the rest of your home are clean, protected, and long-lasting:
- Replace your gutters if too much damage has occurred — Whether you’re staying on top of your gutter cleaning or not, if they are extremely damaged, you should consider gutter replacement. Additionally, if your gutters are extremely old, you might as well replace them and have new and improved gutters installed in order to avoid problems down the line. Leaving old or broken gutters attached to your home can cause serious structural damage and end up costing you a fortune. Stay ahead of these structural problems and replace your gutters whenever they are in jeopardy.
- Pay attention to weather reports — If an upcoming storm is bringing plenty of rain, you should make sure that your gutters are clean and functioning properly prior to the storm hitting your property. Far too many homeowners ignore weather alerts and only react to the rain. But if you are paying attention to the weather and clean and repair your gutters prior to significant rainfall, your gutters will have a much better chance of lasting throughout the storm.
- Install a leaf guard — Without a quality leaf guard, your home’s gutters won’t perform as well as they could. Thankfully, professional gutter cleaning services offer more than just cleaning — they can help with leaf guard installation, as well.
If you are considering hiring a professional gutter cleaning company and want to learn more about how to better take care of your home, contact Gutter Maid today. Also, stay tuned for part two to learn even more about taking care of your gutters and some costly mistakes that you should avoid.
There are so many aspects of homeownership that often go overlooked, but it’s these little tasks that actually save you from major problems. Neglecting even the smallest part of home maintenance can end up costing you a significant amount of money on repair expenses and could severely damage your home’s structure.
That’s why it’s essential to only practice good habits when it comes to home and property ownership.
Here are some bad habits that can ruin not only your bank account but your home’s look and feel as well:
- Not cleaning your gutters — Gutter cleaning should be done at least two times a year, and that’s only cleaning out the small debris that builds up. If your gutters are in need of major cleaning, it’s best to give professional gutter cleaning services a call.
- Neglecting gutter replacement needs — If you have neglected your gutter cleaning needs, you may end up relying on gutter replacement services. You can’t just leave damaged or old gutters atop your roof for an extended period of time because they will continue to cause problems. An inch of summer rainfall can result in nearly 1,500 gallons of water breaking down your gutters. Don’t wait, replace your gutters as soon as they become compromised.
- Letting trees overgrow — It might not sound like it should be very high up on the priority list, but forgetting to trim your trees can lead to some big problems. Make sure you’re pruning your trees at least once every year or two in order to keep branches and tree limbs away from your house. Also, if any trees are growing underneath power lines, it’s even more imperative to keep them trimmed.
- Not changing batteries in smoke detectors — Sadly, according to the National Fire Protection Association, one in every five household fire fatalities can be attributed to malfunctioning smoke alarms. In order to keep your property and your family safe, you need to make sure you’re changing your smoke detectors’ batteries every few months.
Make sure you’re taking excellent care of just about every aspect of your house and your property in order to avoid major financial troubles. If you’re in need of gutter replacement, gutter installation services, or just want to speak with a trusted gutter cleaning company, give Gutter Maid a call right away.
Gutter replacement is a key aspect of property ownership that a lot of homeowners seem to neglect. If you don’t take care of your gutters, your entire housing structure will be in jeopardy of suffering expensive physical damage.
Keep in mind that although you can clean your own gutters, you shouldn’t attempt to replace your own gutters and install new ones yourself. It’s a much better idea to work with professional gutter cleaning technicians who also specialize in gutter installation services.
Find some local gutter installers and gutter cleaning technicians to ensure that your home’s gutters are functioning properly and looking great all year long. In the meantime, here are some signs you need to keep an eye out for in regards to your gutters.
- Regular water leaks — Each gallon of rain water weighs about eight pounds, so a home with clogged and overflowing flutters will be holding thousands of pounds of water, resulting in frequent leaks and spillage. Immediately after a rainstorm, it’s essential to take a look at your gutters and see if there are any leaks or cracks. If there are, contact gutter professionals right away.
- Paint pealing — Malfunctioning gutters can actually cause problems for exterior siding and paint jobs because of excess moisture. If you ever notice a sector of your home’s siding having visible paint issues, take a look at the nearest gutter to see if there are any physical issues.
- Wood rotting — Pain peeling is one thing, but structural rotting can be much more damaging and expensive to repair — and it can all be at the hands of faulty gutters. If a gutter cascades over the housing structure, exterior wood trim elements like door jambs and window sills will breakaway.
- Visible mildew — If a gutter’s downspout is too close to the home, moisture accumulation can begin to ruin the foundation and landscaping. Mildew can start appearing in the basement and all over the home if your gutters aren’t installed properly or are compromised in any way.
If you want to learn more about what it takes to keep your gutters clean and functioning properly, or work with trusted gutter cleaning technicians, give Gutter Maid a call today.
If you’re a homeowner, you probably know how important gutters are to your home’s structural integrity. They trap any water from rain or snow that’s melted and prevent it from coming into your home.
You know how important it is to take care of your roof. Roof cleaning will allow the homeowner to maximize their shingle life up to 20 to 25 years and sometimes even longer. While you’re up on your roof doing some cleaning, why not take a look at your gutters? If your gutters aren’t working properly, serious problems like leaks, flooding, and home damages can occur. Check your gutters to see if they need to be cleaned out or even replaced completely. So, how can you tell if it’s time for a gutter replacement? Here are a few signs.
The first sign that it might be time for gutter replacement is if you find water leaking into your ceiling or walls. These leaks can leave brown or yellow marks inside your home and can also start to destroy your house’s foundation. Reaching out to a gutter replacement service to have the work done is the easiest way to prevent any major home problems.
Another sign you may need your gutters replaced is if you notice cracks in the gutter lining. The cracks may seem minor at the beginning, but over time, they can develop into big holes causing major leaks. Check your gutters on a monthly basis to make sure there aren’t any cracks, and if there are, simply reach out to a repair and replacement service.
Typically you’ll be able to tell if your gutters are rusty just from looking at them from the ground. However, that’s usually the case if the rust has gotten past the point of repair. Your gutters can become rusty from things like leaves and other environmental debris over time. If you notice that your gutters are even slightly starting to rust, call a professional replacement service.
Broken and Falling Off
This one might be obvious, but if your gutters are falling off of your house and drooping, you should have them replaced. Since the gutters are attached to your house directly, any pulling or tearing from the gutters can do a number on your roof and siding. If the gutter was to fall off completely, it might take a part of your home with it. Prevent this from happening by addressing the issue as early as possible.
If you notice any of the above problems, reach out to gutter installation services or consider hiring a professional gutter cleaning company. They will be able to tell you exactly what needs to be done and when. They will also be able to address any specific questions you may have, all while helping you protect your home from damages.