Gutter cleaning should be done at least two times a year, but homeowners need to do even more to ensure that their gutters, rooftop, and home’s siding are functioning properly and looking great.
That’s where professional gutter cleaners come into play.
By working with professional gutter cleaning services, you’ll be able to drastically improve the look and feel of your home, as well as increase its entire property value.
Here are just some of the services that professional gutter cleaners can provide to your home:
- Hand clean gutters and downspouts — You can simply throw on some gloves, grab a bucket, set up a ladder and clear off all the leaves from your gutters, but it’s not the same as having professionals do it. Gutter cleaning professionals will not only clean out every piece of debris and blockage in your gutters and downspouts, but they will clear off all the rooftop debris, as well. The top of your home will look so much better after professional cleaners work their magic.
- Remove all debris from your premises — These gutter cleaning professionals aren’t just going to clear off all the debris from your rooftop and leave it on your property. They will not only fix up your roof, but will not leave until the rest of your property is looking great, as well.
- Gutter installation, gutter replacement, and gutter maintenance — If your gutters are extremely damaged, installing a new system is likely your best bet. Conversely, gutter professionals can help re-nail loose gutter spikes and perform various gutter maintenance and repair tasks.
- Visually inspect your roof and gutters — Whether you actually need more rooftop work done or not, after these gutter professionals inspect your home, they will be able to decide exactly what is best for your property.
Don’t neglect your home’s gutters any longer or try to perform all these essential tasks yourself. If you want to learn more about the importance of working with a legitimate gutter cleaning service provider and speak with experienced and professional gutter cleaners, give Gutter Maid a call right away.
You have already read about the importance of gutter replacement and hiring professional gutter cleaners at least two or three times a year in order to keep your home durable and strong for many years, but now it’s time to dive even deeper. Hopefully, this guide will help you identify the mistakes you’re already making when it comes to your gutters, your roof, your siding, and your entire home’s structure.
From not working with gutter installation services to ignoring approaching rainstorms, here are some common gutter-related mistakes that you should avoid at all costs:
- Incorrect gutter installation — Whether you’re cleaning your gutters sufficiently or not, if they weren’t installed properly, you’re going to have a lot of damaging and costly problems on your hand. That’s why it’s best to work with gutter installation services when you’re home is being constructed or whenever you’re replacing old or damaged gutters.
- Not checking your gutters after a rainfall — Even the slightest summer rainfall can significantly damage your gutters if they are old or installed incorrectly. In fact, an inch of summer rainfall can pour nearly 1,500 gallons of water onto your roof and your gutters. After each summer rainfall, it’s recommended to get on your roof and inspect every inch of your home’s gutters.
- Neglecting weather alerts — If you live in an area of the country that frequently has major storms, you need to have weather alerts on your phone at all times. If your gutters aren’t ready for a lot of rain and a storm is on its way, they could break in half and cause all sorts of problems and damage. If it’s been a few months since your last gutter cleaning and a major storm is approaching, it’s best to contact professional gutter cleaning services to ensure that your gutters are prepared for the upcoming storm.
From proper installation to replacement and thorough cleaning, don’t neglect your gutters at any point. If you want to learn more about taking better care of your gutters or work with professional gutter installation services, give Gutter Maid a call right away.
When it comes to property ownership, there are hundreds of things that homeowners need to take care of, including the gutters.
Gutter cleaning should be done at least two or three times a year, but it’s going to take a little more than you simply placing a ladder at the base of your home, climbing up with a bucket, and grabbing handfuls of leaves and debris. You need to consult with professional gutter cleaners. Hiring a professional gutter cleaning company is a great way to ensure that your gutters are clean and your home is protected.
In addition to hiring a professional gutter cleaning company for thorough cleanings a few times a year, there are some other aspects of gutter care that you need to be aware of. Here are some tips for ensuring that your gutters and the rest of your home are clean, protected, and long-lasting:
- Replace your gutters if too much damage has occurred — Whether you’re staying on top of your gutter cleaning or not, if they are extremely damaged, you should consider gutter replacement. Additionally, if your gutters are extremely old, you might as well replace them and have new and improved gutters installed in order to avoid problems down the line. Leaving old or broken gutters attached to your home can cause serious structural damage and end up costing you a fortune. Stay ahead of these structural problems and replace your gutters whenever they are in jeopardy.
- Pay attention to weather reports — If an upcoming storm is bringing plenty of rain, you should make sure that your gutters are clean and functioning properly prior to the storm hitting your property. Far too many homeowners ignore weather alerts and only react to the rain. But if you are paying attention to the weather and clean and repair your gutters prior to significant rainfall, your gutters will have a much better chance of lasting throughout the storm.
- Install a leaf guard — Without a quality leaf guard, your home’s gutters won’t perform as well as they could. Thankfully, professional gutter cleaning services offer more than just cleaning — they can help with leaf guard installation, as well.
If you are considering hiring a professional gutter cleaning company and want to learn more about how to better take care of your home, contact Gutter Maid today. Also, stay tuned for part two to learn even more about taking care of your gutters and some costly mistakes that you should avoid.
Homeowners should make a point to monitor their properties and look out for structural defects. Even the smallest issue with your home’s structure could spiral into major damage. In order to keep your home secure for as long as you can, there are all kinds of things you need to focus on.
Here are some tips to keep your home durable and strong for many, many years:
- Focus on your roof and your gutters — Your roof is the first line of defense against all kinds of home damage. If your roof is damaged, there are going to be some major issues that occur — both structural and financial. In order to keep your gutters and roof strong for years, you have to ensure that you’re having them cleaned, inspected, and repaired at least a few times a year. A proper roof cleaning will allow you to maximize its shingle life for around 25 years or more. Additionally, working with a gutter cleaning company can keep your gutters free of debris and clutter, as well as help identify any structural problems atop your home. These professionals working for gutter cleaning services might discover that you’re in need of an upgraded leaf guard installation, some shingle and roof repair work, as well as an entire gutter replacement. Hiring a professional gutter cleaning company can drastically improve the look of your home’s roof and keep your gutters clean and durable for many more years to come.
- Keep your home and property clean — If you neglect your property’s cleanliness, there are going to be some serious problems aside from just your home looking bad. If there are weeds, piles of clutter, and garbage all over your property and the inside of your home, that’s essentially inviting all kinds of pests and rodents into your home. These pests love a messy home and will cause even more problems once inside. You should be focusing on keeping your home as clean as possible. Also, a clean home will help you feel even more productive and motivated to improve other aspects of your property.
- Have your HVAC systems tuned up — Your home’s HVAC units are extremely important when it comes to property durability. Poor HVAC production can cause all kinds of housing issues and lead your energy bills to skyrocket. If you’re spending a fortune on energy expenses, you won’t be able to focus on other aspects of home improvement and protection.
If you are ready to improve the durability of your home, as well as maintain its physical appearance, it’s time to get to work! If you’re searching for an experienced and skilled gutter cleaning company, give Gutter Maid a call right away.
Why should you hire a gutter cleaning company? There are plenty of reasons to do all sorts of household cleaning and repair tasks yourself, but if you want something done with the utmost professionalism, it’s best to work with an experienced and dedicated organization.
Let’s take a deeper dive into why someone might rather work with an experienced gutter company as opposed to handling these residential tasks themselves.
Why should you hire a gutter cleaning company?
- Keep your home looking clean — Sound simple enough? If you leave the gutter cleaning up to you or your spouse, there is a chance that those gutters never get clean. You might move around some leaves and piles of debris, but gutters need to be thoroughly cleaned in order to prevent additional major issues.
- Avoid damages to your home’s structural integrity — By working with an experienced gutter cleaning service provider, they won’t just offer cleaning services, they will offer skilled repair and replacement services as well. While these professionals are cleaning your gutters, they will look for breaks and other issues atop your roof — letting you know when you need additional assistance.
- Prevent basement flooding — Clogged cutters are the number one reason for basement water problems like molding and flooding. In order to avoid these issues that can be nightmares for homeowners, your gutters need to be extremely clean.
- Save a significant amount of money — Any of the above issues won’t just be annoying for you and your family, they will also cost plenty of money once repairs are needed. Hiring gutter cleaning professionals might cost a bit more than attempting to clean them yourself, but as we’ve seen, it will be well worth it. You will end up spending a lot more cash on home repairs if these gutter-related issues progress.
If you’re done wondering why should you hire a gutter cleaning company and want to work with skilled professionals who can help with gutter installation, cleaning, and gutter replacement, give Gutter Maid a call right away!
Spring has officially sprung and that means the comeback of our favorite rooftop guests: birds. While you want birds to have a safe place to raise their offspring, your gutters aren’t the best option. Bird nests can actually cause a slew of problems if left alone, but taking them down can be another challenge. Follow these tips to get (and keep) birds out of your gutter.
Why bird nests are bad for your gutters
Before we get to the ways we can prevent birds from roosting in your gutters, it’s important to touch on why birds are bad for them in the first place. The most obvious reason is the possibility of the bird’s nest clogging your gutter. Though it’s unlikely that a single nest will clog your spout, the accumulation of a few nests can lead to some preventable issues. Not only can these nests lead to overflow that damages your lawn, the increased weight from the water can cause sagging at a much quicker rate, and even cause it to pull away from the house. This can result in necessary replacements. After a nesting incident, be sure to look up gutter installation services and their reviews to ensure a quality, reliable replacement.
Safe removal of the nest
Do it sooner than later. Some birds can get quite territorial if there are eggs or young offspring present, so the smartest course of action is to wait until nesting season is over. Ensuring your safety is the most important thing when removing a bird’s nest. Though bird nests seem fairly easy to remove, if you have never done it before, consider calling animal control or a gutter cleaning company before you try to do it yourself. Additionally, look up any bird protection laws in your area before attempting to remove it. If the bird and its nest are protected, you could be hit with a fairly heavy fine for its removal.
If you do attempt to do it yourself, make sure you have a ladder and spotter so you don’t fall. In addition, wear protective eyewear and long-sleeved clothing — birds and their feces carry diseases on their claws, beaks, and nests. If the nest is old, there might be other animals or bugs living inside that still require precaution. Once the nest is removed, clean it with a disinfectant to stop diseases and bacteria from spreading. If a gutter replacement is necessary following a nest removal, consider calling gutter installation services for a consultation.
Preventing birds from nesting
There are a few great ways to prevent birds from nesting in your gutters. Many use stainless steel bird spikes to deter birds from perching, while others prefer gutter spikes to prevent birds from landing on gutter edges. You can also try using visual deterrents that act like an alarm, such as foil tapes that create noise and reflect light. Using a combination of these options is also a great idea if you have a significant bird issue in your area. Finally, you should also clean your gutters regularly of any debris or build-up at least twice a year. Consider hiring a professional gutter cleaning company or contact other gutter installation services to discuss your options.
The winter is finally over and it’s time to start preparing for the nice weather. No matter what kind of roof you have on your home, new or old, it’s important to make sure your gutters are 100% clean and properly functioning. Keep in mind, the majority of newer roofs are built to withstand loads of snow of between 15 to 30 pounds per square feet, and all that snow can drop down into the gutters and cause serious issues.
Neglecting your gutters can end up costing you hundreds or even thousands of dollars. Even though cleaning out leaves and snow piles might not sound all that significant, it’s essential you keep your gutters cleaned and well-maintained.
Here are some reasons it’s important to have your gutters thoroughly cleaned by skilled professionals:
- Leaves can fall all year-round — In high-yield environments, leaves can fall and pile up inside gutters constantly and lead to serious structural damage. You can’t just wait until the final leaf falls onto your home to clean out your gutters — you need to have them professionally cleaned every few months.
- Leaves and snow aren’t the only things inside gutters — Unfortunately, leaves, water, and snow — though damaging — aren’t the worse things that can be found in your gutters. Gutters can act as ticking time bombs filled with bird droppings, insects, and even rodents. All that can pile up and can become so heavy that they drop and completely wreck your home, leaving the bottom of your property filled with all that disgusting debris. If you believe there are any signs of pileup inside your gutters, give a professional gutter cleaning company a call right away.
- Your home’s foundation is at risk — Neglecting to clean your gutters isn’t just important for maintaining a clean home environment, it’s also essential for protecting the entire structural foundation of your property. Water and grime can pile up and overflow outside of your gutters, causing your home’s foundation to crack and become severely damaged, resulting in even higher repair costs. Again, to make sure your home is protected, give an experienced gutter cleaning company a call right away.
If you’re in need of gutter installation, leaf guard installation, gutter replacement, or are still wondering why should you hire a gutter cleaning company, give Gutter Maid a call today.
Homeowners have many responsibilities, and taking care of their gutters can often fall by the wayside. Neglecting gutter care, however, can lead to some serious structural issues and result in shelling out a significant amount of money for repairs.
That’s why it’s best to not only take care of your gutters yourself but hire professional gutter cleaners to fully ensure all aspects of your home are protected. Here are some reasons to call professional gutter cleaners in order to take full advantage of their gutter cleaning services:
- Damage of any kind — Even the slightest crack in your gutters can turn into major problems and result in you spending a lot of money for large repairs. However, when you hire professional gutter cleaning technicians to take a look at your gutters early enough, they will be able to identify any problems and address them right away.
- A lot of rainfall is expected — If your gutters are clogged prior to a major storm, even a few hours of rainfall can completely wreck your gutters. In fact, even an inch of summer rainfall can accumulate nearly 1,500 gallons of water onto your roof and gutters.
- Water pooling around your home’s foundation — Just because your gutters seem fine from afar doesn’t mean they are in good shape. Don’t just look at your gutters to find out if they are in jeopardy of causing problems. If you notice any water accumulation surrounding your home, that could indicate that your gutters aren’t functioning properly and need to be thoroughly cleaned and possibly repaired.
- Water damage underneath your gutters — Similarly, if there are any signs of water damage to your home’s structure, you should contact skilled gutter professionals. This kind of water intrusion can wreak havoc on your home’s foundation.
If you’re in need of gutter replacement, gutter installation, or just need professional gutter cleaners to take a look at your home, give Gutter Maid a call.
Leaf guards are the best way to protect your gutters from leaves and other debris, especially during this time of year. Leaf guards are a built-on barrier that attaches to your gutter and prevents leaves and debris from entering your gutters and downspouts. They also make gutter cleaning much easier, as most debris will sit on top of the leaf guards rather than inside the gutter. After our technicians clean and flush out your gutters to GutterMaid standards, the leaf guards are then installed as shown in the infographic below. GutterMaid offers 4 different types of leaf protection systems. You may find out more information about each of them here. Check out this before & after showing GutterMaid’s leaf guard installation process from start to finish, and contact us today for your free estimate!