Cleaning your gutters might not seem all that important and feels more like a chore, but it’s actually essential in order to keep your home secure. If you constantly neglect your gutters, not only will your home look trashy, you’ll have to spend a significant amount of money to repair all kinds of serious damage around your home.
You can clean your gutters for the most part, but if you want to ensure they are completely clean, you should consult a gutter cleaning service provider. If you let your gutters become clogged, however, and constantly neglect them, all sorts of problems will arise:
- Basement flooding — Clogged gutters are the number one cause of basement water problems. Once the water starts overflowing, water will begin to infiltrate basement walls and cause black mold, bad odors, flooding, and other water-related issues.
- Insect infestation — When the debris in gutters becomes moist, this acts as a great habitat for insects. All kinds of bugs will be attracted to the inside of the house when the weather changes, and not cleaning gutters can lead to damaging insects infesting your roof and the rest of your home.
- Rotted wood — When water overflows onto the side of your home, it causes serious rotting around the wood. This wood rot can spread to areas all over your home, as well. Additionally, you’ll find that your gutters are an easy point of entry for rodents and other insects.
Make sure you’re working with a trusted gutter cleaning service provider to ensure that your gutters are thoroughly clean. Gutter cleaning technicians can also offer leaf guard installation and gutter installation services, as well.
Additionally, it’s important to know how to identify these clogged gutter issues. Here are a few sings that you have clogged cutters: spotting birds or pests by the roof, water spilling over the side, sagging gutters, stained siding, and plant growth.
Don’t neglect your home’s gutters anymore. If you’re in need of gutter replacement, installation, or cleaning, make sure you’re working with experienced professionals. Contact Gutter Maid, a trusted gutter cleaning service provider, right away!
When it comes to being a responsible homeowner, it’s important to take excellent care of your roof and especially your gutters. If your gutters are clogged, old, or damaged in any way, that could lead to all sorts of structural damages and extremely expensive repair work.
Here are some frequently asked questions pertaining to taking better care of your home’s roof and gutters:
- What’s the main cause of gutter damage? — Water can cause all sorts of gutter issues. If the water has no place to go, it will become much too heavy for the gutters to hold and cracks and breaks will subsequently happen. A single gallon of rainwater weighs eight pounds and a home with clogged and overflowing gutters could be holding weights in the thousands of pounds at any moment, causing all sorts of structural and financial damage.
- Should I handle my gutter replacement and repair needs myself? — No! Unless you’re fully trained on gutter installation, replacement, and cleaning services, you should let professional gutter companies work their magic. You can inspect your gutters yourself and clean out all the leaves a few times a month, but anything else might be above your pay grade. Contact a skilled gutter cleaning organization and let them handle everything.
- What’s the best way to find experienced gutter installers near me? — Talk to your neighbors, family members, and friends. If they have had roof and gutter work done in the past, they should be able to refer a company to you. Hopefully, you are only receiving positive referrals, but there are plenty of instances when gutter installation services didn’t perform that great of work. Thankfully, in today’s plugged in world, you can simply Google: “gutter installers near me” and a large list of quality organizations will come up. Check out the reviews on each of them and find one that specializes in gutter installation, debris removal, and damage prevention.
If you’re still searching online: “gutter installers near me,” and want to ensure that you’re hiring an experienced gutter cleaning company, give Gutter Maid a call right away.
You have already read about the importance of gutter replacement and hiring professional gutter cleaners at least two or three times a year in order to keep your home durable and strong for many years, but now it’s time to dive even deeper. Hopefully, this guide will help you identify the mistakes you’re already making when it comes to your gutters, your roof, your siding, and your entire home’s structure.
From not working with gutter installation services to ignoring approaching rainstorms, here are some common gutter-related mistakes that you should avoid at all costs:
- Incorrect gutter installation — Whether you’re cleaning your gutters sufficiently or not, if they weren’t installed properly, you’re going to have a lot of damaging and costly problems on your hand. That’s why it’s best to work with gutter installation services when you’re home is being constructed or whenever you’re replacing old or damaged gutters.
- Not checking your gutters after a rainfall — Even the slightest summer rainfall can significantly damage your gutters if they are old or installed incorrectly. In fact, an inch of summer rainfall can pour nearly 1,500 gallons of water onto your roof and your gutters. After each summer rainfall, it’s recommended to get on your roof and inspect every inch of your home’s gutters.
- Neglecting weather alerts — If you live in an area of the country that frequently has major storms, you need to have weather alerts on your phone at all times. If your gutters aren’t ready for a lot of rain and a storm is on its way, they could break in half and cause all sorts of problems and damage. If it’s been a few months since your last gutter cleaning and a major storm is approaching, it’s best to contact professional gutter cleaning services to ensure that your gutters are prepared for the upcoming storm.
From proper installation to replacement and thorough cleaning, don’t neglect your gutters at any point. If you want to learn more about taking better care of your gutters or work with professional gutter installation services, give Gutter Maid a call right away.